Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When the Cold Attacks...


Two years ago I had the opportunity to travel to Europe in March, which is extremely cold, especially in the north of Spain, which I visit. It was my first experience at low temperatures, but I recently had the opportunity to visit places colder, but until then I had never had the chance. Honestly when I read the story To Build a Fire I identified a lot with the dog, this may sound funny, but it was so. My parents insisted that we had to visit all the places they wanted to see despite the cold it was, it seemed as if they didn’t felt and they were not aware of the temperature.

We were bundled up but we were on the coast next to the beaches where the wind was horrible. I had to follow them everywhere, because I had no other choice (which I thank them today, because I enjoyed it) and at times when we found heating finally, they decided to continue with our journey. They were like the man, which only thought about to arrive to the camp. My parents just wanted to visit all the castles, museums, gardens, and all that stuff. Thankfully we didn’t have to build a fire to find heat that is a big difference, but to me is a little bit similar haha! When we were in the car, we had heat, and we have to put out our jackets, but when we wanted to see something we had to stop, put our jackets, get out of the car and again was the cold on our bodies. Obviously I can’t compare this experience with the terrible story of To Build a Fire but I also had to fight against the cold like the characters in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment